Have you noticed how some businesses are gaining so much benefit from their website?
You see that these websites get lots of visits daily and as well they generate leads and some good income for their underlying businesses.
So, what stuffs must have been put in place to get those websites where they are now?
That’s what am going to discuss below.
But before that, I do hope you have already gotten a website for your business?
If not, then I am pleased to inform you that we have a team of experienced members @ Web Solutions Dublin that can get your business a new website as quickly as possible, re-design your old websites and give it a fresh modern look, deliver you fantastic marketing strategies and as well offer you good SEO and SMO services. Don’t waste time.Visit our Contact Us page now, fill the form there and we will get back to you ASAP.
You might also be interested in this article:
With all that said,
Here are some basic elements that make a website successful;
3.SEO – (Search Engine Optimization)
4.Digital Marketing Strategy
5.Websites Trust Level
Now, Let’s get to it.
A website’s design is highly important because it’s obviously the first thing that will attract or repel the visitors. It’s more than just a bunch of text and images.
Your website will be visually appealing and have great design if you consider the following:
– Its design should be professional in the sense that, it should have a consistent look and feel all through, as well as the use of colours should be minimal and in all cases all the colours used should reflect the business brand colours and build more awareness of such brand/business.
– Use good quality and professional images all through the website. And to avoid heavy web pages, you can check online for some image compression tools that will help you reduce the file size of your images while retaining at least 90% of its high quality.
– Make sure your website’s navigation contains all the links to everywhere on the website. You do not want your visitors to get lost on your website while looking for the link to a particular page. Keep a precise and well structured compilation of all your website links in the navigation section.
– Call-To-Action Buttons are your friend. Always show the visitors what you want from them with this button. It will be completely senseless if you put so much effort into delivering such an awesome website to your visitors but they don’t have any idea what you want them to do after going through it all and probably liking it.
These CTA buttons help them know what your expectations are.
– Your website should be responsive and mobile-friendly. It should be smart enough and respond well to different screen sizes and behave almost the same way across all devices. This is also an important factor to look out for in the website design.
I believe this point is self explanatory.
You need to take all necessary measures to secure your website else, you might wake up one morning to find out that it’s gone. (Work of Some Lazy Hackers).
– Get SSL certificates for your website and ensure itserves well over the HTTPS protocol
– Implement Web, Firewalls on your website and integrate Web Security tools that are compatible with your website development environment.
This will help you defend against common web attacks.
– Always make a regular backup of your live website weekly or monthly.
Also, make a complete backup of your live website before applying any updates or making any tweak/changes.
All these measures will help you recover your website quickly in case of damages, hack or broken website as a result of a failed update.
3.SEO – (Search Engine Optimization)
Nowadays, having a beautifully designed website won’t give you any gain if it the website can’t make it to the first pages of Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) and that’s where SEO comes in.
SEO too as evolved beyond keywords, meta data (description, title, ALT-text etc.) and links. It is now almost just one part of the big thing which is Digital Marketing.
It doesn’t matter if you sell products, services or you’re running just a blog website. You need SEO and as well some online marketing strategy.
So, first let’s talk about the SEO;
– You should pay attention to your On-Page SEO.
Explore tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console, these tools will help you get a better insight as per your website performance and as well analysis of your site traffic, visitors’ behaviors and etc.
Look out for your website’s XML sitemap and it’s Robots.txt file.
All these help search engines to crawl your website better and earn you higher rankings on SERPs.
– Make sure all your website URLs are SEO-friendly and mostly contain human readable words e.g
– Another important thing that improves your SEO rankings is to make your website pages load as fast as possible. This Page Load Speed is very crucial as it mostly determines if your visitors will stay on your website more or rather bounce out.
Compress images with large file size, remove all unnecessary stuffs that can make your website slow.
Make sure your website complies with the Google’s PageSpeed Insights Rules which are;
1. Avoid landing page redirects
2. Enable compression
3. Improve server response time
4. Leverage browser caching
5. Minify resources
6. Optimize images
7. Optimize CSS Delivery
8. Prioritize visible content
– Take advantage of backlinking and Off-page SEO
a. Always use every natural opportunity you get to drop backlinks to your website on other websites.
b. Don’t go spamming everywhere on the internet with your website links, but rather earn this naturally.
E.g Tell your customers to add links to your products/services on their websites, social media etc.
c.Register to reputable forums and leave reasonable comments while you keep backlinks to your website in the signature section.
d. Drop comprehensive and informative articles in threads on popular community sites and have your backlink at the ending sections.
All these help in your Link Building and get more traffic to your website.
4. Digital Marketing Strategy
This is pretty much a stack of plans, ideas, formulas, actions and effort that can be put together to get your website out there and give your business a strong online presence.
Here are some of the common strategies I know of;
– Add a well written and structured “About Page“ to your website as this helps your target audience to have more information about your brand.
It’s also a way of telling them your story, earning their trust and showing your brand’s history, mission & vision, CSR activity, etc.
– Needless to stress much on one crucial thing and that is – Quality Content.
Whether you run a blog, an e-commerce website, an online portfolio website etc.
You should always make sure that the actual contents of your website are of good quality and they are original to you.
If you involve in plagiarism of content, or your website is populated with no original contents, then you can be sure that almost all your visitors will get pissed off and might never return to visit again.
– Make good use of Email marketing, Do email campaigns and stuffs, Look into Social Media marketing, Register for Ads, etc.
All these will benefit your website alot and as well your brand.
5.Websites Trust Level
You will agree with me that no one will ever want to buy a product or order a service or even give out their email address to people they don’t have some level of trust in.
So, what this means is that you need to consider some things to implement on your website in order to gain your visitors trust and have them convert to leads or potential customers.
Some of these things are:
– Implement a Blog section on your website.
If you run;
1. An e-commerce website – then populate the blog section with blog posts on topics that relates to the products you sell.
2. An online portfolio website – then add interesting blog posts on topics that relates to your profession in the blog section of your website.
3. A website for a small local business – add informative/educative blog posts that discusses about topics relating to the services your business/brand offers.
– Add your brand’s social media handles to your website. And if your business doesn’t have one yet, please set it up now and add the links to your website.
This helps your site visitors to follow your brand on social media sites and as well give you good backlinks and brand mentions.
– If you have business partners or you have certificates your brand has earned in time past, please create a page on your website and add all these to that page.
– You should also show customers’ feedback in the form of Testimonials on a page on your website.
– Don’t forget to add your correct contact information to your website.
Your business name, phone number, email address and physical Address.
In fact, it’s recommended that your contact information should even be in the footer section of your website and if possible, should appear on all your webpages.
All this gets your visitors to trust you even while visiting your website for the first time.
If you can make improvements to your website based on the few things I have discussed extensively in the write-up above and you also implement some of it on your website, then I believe you should be getting results almost immediately.
And Yes, your website will be zooming towards success. Trust me.
But if you will, rather prefer that all these things be done for you, together with alot more, then Contact Us now @ Web Solutions Dublin and I assure that you will be our next happy client.